Eastern Partnership Civil Society Facility has launched a call for applications for participants for an online course which they will organise on storytelling for CSOs.
The new Online Course ‘Storytelling for Civil Society’ will help CSOs representatives better communicate about their projects and engage more people by using storytelling techniques.
Format: 100% online: video lectures + tutors support + practical exercises + forum discussions.
Language: Russian with English subtitles
Start of the course: July 2019
Duration: 4-5 weeks
Who is the course for?
- Civil society leaders / project leaders / communication managers working in civil society organisations from the Eastern Partnership countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine);
- Civil society activists and volunteers from the Eastern Partnership countries;
- Social start-up leaders and social entrepreneurs, etc. from the Eastern Partnership countries.
The course is divided into four different modules, taking you step by step from how you can ‘find’ your story to how you can refine it, produce it and broadcast it:
- In Module 1 participants will learn about the art of telling stories and will figure out what makes a “good story”. With this Module we will help them understand how their civil society organisation can use storytelling to increase its impact, how they can choose a topic for their story, what are the key elements of any successful story and who is their target audience.
- Module 2 will help participants build their story from the very beginning. They will go through all essential stages of their story building, from planning to dissemination, and will learn which tools they can use for editing and fact-checking depending on the type of a story they choose.
- Module 3 will focus on digital instruments for storytelling. Participants will learn how to choose the right technologies, tools or platform that will help them to produce their digital story and bring it directly to their readers and users.
- In Module 4 participants will learn how to effectively broadcast their story. We will talk about publishing blogs, broadcasting podcasts, storyboarding, video stories and other interesting things!
The course for the first group will start in July 2019.
To apply please fill in the registration form before 1st July 2019.
More information can be found here.