The Romanian NGDO Plaform – FOND is launching a call for applications that targets consultants/ research experts, with the purpose of conducting a research on “Donor-CSO relationship in the Black Sea Region”, with the support of the CSO Partnership for Development Effectiveness – CPDE.
The research has the following objectives:
- Providing a mapping of donors active in the Black Sea Region and their funding programmes available for civil society organisations (CSOs) in this region (both European, regional or international). Foreign funding as well as local funders (donations) and philantrophy sector must be particularly taken into consideration;
- Assessing the level of accessibility of the funding for CSOs in the Black Sea Region, as well as identifying the main obstacles CSOs face in accessing funds;
- Analysing the donor – CSOs relationships in the Black Sea Region in terms of (but not limited to): existing consultation mechanisms and their accessibility; taking in consideration CSOs feedback on funding strategies and priorities; degree to which existing funds cover the needs of CSOs; what other needs are not being covered; frequency of project vs. programme-based funding and their influence over the financial sustainability of CSOs; challenges CSOs face when interacting with donors and vice-versa etc.
- Gathering recommendations from CSO representatives on the improvement of the access to funding;
- Analysing how both an improved access to funding, as well as a balanced donor-CSO relationships can contribute to the creation of an enabling environment for civil society and lead to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (particularly SDG 16 and SDG 17).
The applicant must include a financial offer together with all other requested documents, as part of his/hers application, taking into consideration the objectives of the assignment, the tasks to be performed and deliverables requested. Please note that the financial offer must include all costs related to the field visits mentioned in Section III.Tasks to be performed.
The quality/ price ratio will be taken into consideration in the selection process.
- At least 3 years of experience in relevant research, particularly focused on civil society organisations;
- Proficiency in English;
- Experience of working in multicultural contexts;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills;
- Proven ability to adapt the methodology to challenges and opportunities emerging during the research;
- Proven ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines.
Would be considered an advantage:
- Knowledge of the context and dynamics specific to the Black Sea Region, experience in working with civil society organisations and/or donors active in the Black Sea Region.
We kindly ask those interested to read carefully the Terms of Reference.
The application procedure consists of two stages:
I. Initial selection
Interested candidates must send the following application documents by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, until the 5th of February 2018, 5:00 PM Romanian time (GMT+2):
- Motivation letter (in a separate document);
- Two relevant research samples (one preferably on a subject related to civil society) – to be used only for the selection process;
- Research plan & proposed methodology (including a calendar of activities);
- Proposed financial offer for the assignment.
Candidates accepted for the interview stage will be announced the results on the 7th of February 2018.
The interviews will take place between 8th and 9th of February 2018, with the possibility of organising the interviews via skype.
This research is part of the European Regional Work Plan 2017-2018, implemented by the Romanian NGDO Platform – FOND, with the financial support of CSO Partnership for Development Effectiveness – CPDE as part of the project “Enhancing Civil Society Role in Development Partnerships Post-2015”.