The German Marshall Fund of the United States is looking for future leaders who will actively participate in the Policy Designers Network, which is going to take place on September 29 – October 3, 2020 in Berlin, Germany.
The Policy Designers Network (PDN) is a fellowship program aimed at bringing together young policy professionals from Armenia, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine to advance democracy and economic development, to expand their knowledge about regional, European and transatlantic issues, and strengthen their networks.
The program of the fellowship is structured around workshop-style learning sessions and participation in “Europe’s Eastern Partners: Strengthening common ground, addressing common challenges,” a conference in Berlin organized by the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The learning sessions will focus on strengthening the fellows’ skills to develop policy solutions, write policy papers, and engage with media actors. Additionally, the fellows will benefit from customized leadership development activities.
The participation costs will be covered by the German Marshall Fund of the United States.
This program is made possible thanks to the German government through the KfW Bank for Development.
Eligible candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have up to 5 years of professional experience which has offered them an insight into policy making and formulating in various fields such as foreign policy, energy, business, creative arts, and industries, media, etc.;
- Be between 25 and 35 years old;
- Have fluency in English;
- Be a citizen of Armenia, Georgia, Moldova, or Ukraine;
- Possess a valid passport.
Exhibit the following characteristics:
- Profound sense of integrity;
- The desire to create a positive impact;
- Commitment to democracy and diversity;
- Commitment to share and apply new knowledge and to engage the PDN network upon the program’s completion;
- Commitment to transatlantic and global engagement.
The deadline for submitting applications is the 4th of July 2020.
Find out more details about the program and apply at the following link: https://www.gmfus.org/initiatives/policy-designers-network .