In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, the International Renaissance Foundation is renewing its humanitarian solidarity initiative, which was launched in 2014, and is announcing the first grant competition within this framework.
IRF is ready to support a wide variety of community-based mutual assistance initiatives during the coronavirus epidemic in Ukraine. Practical assistance should be given to those who remain most vulnerable to the epidemic, given the socio-economic situation of particular social groups.
Projects should aim to help prevent, spread, and mitigate the effects of the coronavirus epidemic in Ukraine by providing information, coordination, basic needs, horizontal self-organization for mutual assistance.
The average cost of the projects will be UAH 50 thousand , but the Fund will consider all submitted initiatives regardless of their scale.
Applications are accepted on a regular basis and are considered in the order of one to five days (depending on the current number of applications). This means that there are no deadlines in this contest and no fixed decision dates.
The project must meet the following criteria:
- it should address the rapid response to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- has a well-defined target group;
- has clear goals that can be achieved by the proposed actions, with the requested resources and in a timely manner.
Possible categories of competition projects:
1) Direct assistance to medical institutions and employees;
2) Psychological assistance;
3) Information and education;
4) Support and self-healing of vulnerable groups;
5) Legal assistance and human rights protection;
6) Other (including the manufacture of alternative personal protective equipment).
Priority will be given to initiatives that have already started their activities , those that include elements of crowdfunding, volunteering (free labor), attracting a wide range of people, promoting grassroots civic participation , and supporting social entrepreneurship .
More information is available here: https://www.irf.ua/contest/konkurs-grantiv-dlya-protydiyi-koronavirusu-lyudyanist-i-vzayemodopomoga/ .