The training course “Conflict vs. Connection: A Practical Training for Young Peace-builders” will take place in Yerevan, Armenia between April 10 – 17, 2017. It will involve 36 youth workers from the European Union Member States and Neighbouring Partner Countries, including Armenia, Georgia, Moldova, the Russian Federation, Ukraine and Turkey.
The course will be focusing on diversity, conflict transformation and emphatic communication. Seeing diversity as a barrier instead of appreciating its enrichment has been playing a substantial role in both the national and international debates and politics in each of the participating countries for decades.
The objectives of the training course are the following:
- To develop awareness about personal concepts and believes one has about conflict and habitual ways to react to the conflict;
- To identify effective methods that help to prevent and/or transform conflict through fostering non-violent communication;
- To gain knowledge on key concepts, such as conflict management, conflict transformation, conflict resolution, inner belief systems and non-violent communication;
- To gain tools for non-violent communication and conflict transformation;
- To exchange best practices in relation to youth work and conflict, inter-religious and cultural dialogue;
- To help participants reflect on the competence needed for using different tools to develop dialogue;
- To raise awareness of risk factors under which conflicts tend to arise;
- To facilitate networking between participants.
The deadline for submitting applications is the 10th of March 2017.
Find out more information and apply at: https://www.salto-youth.net/tools/call-for-trainers/call/conflict-vs-connection-a-practical-training-for-young-peace-builders.296/ .