The first call for applications for Visegrad, Visegrad+ and Strategic Grants has been published.
The Visegrad Fund supports cross-border and transnational projects in Visegrad region, Eastern Partnership and Western Balkans countries.
- Visegrad grants support regional partnerships among NGOs and civil society organizations, public institutions and municipalities, private companies and nonprofit organizations as well as education and research centers that contribute to cooperation in the Visegrad region;
- Projects must develop meaningful cooperation and active participation of organizations from at least 3 V4 countries;
- Cross-border cooperation of at least 2 organizations from 2 neighboring V4 countries also qualify for support with projects taking place within a 40-km radius from the border;
- Maximum duration of project implementation is 18 months.
- Visegrad+ Grants support projects which contribute to the democratization and transformation processes in selected countries and regions, especially non-EU member states in the Western Balkans and the Eastern Partnership countries;
- Projects must develop meaningful cooperation and ensure active involvement of at least 3 V4 countries and 1 entity from the EaP region or the Western Balkans countries at minimum regardless of the applicant;
- Maximum duration of project implementation is 18 months
- Projects must clearly address one of the objectives of the program´s seven focus areas and be implemented in the region of EU´s Eastern Partnership or in the Western Balkans
To apply for any of the Visegrad or Visegrad+ grants, projects must address one of the objectives of the grant program from one of seven focus areas eligible for funding: Culture and Common Identity; Education and Capacity Building; Innovation, R&D, Entrepreneurship; Democratic Values and the Media; Public Policy and Institutional Partnership; Regional Development, Environment and Tourism; Social Development.
- Strategic Grants support project addressing annual strategic priorities of the Visegrad Group. Strategic priorities are announced annually by the V4 country holding the rotating presidency over the group;
- Projects must develop meaningful cooperation and ensure active participation of organizations from all V4 countries;
- Maximum duration of projects is 36 months, minimum is 12 months;
- Grants cover up to 100% of project budget with 15% for overheads;
- Projects must clearly address one of the annual strategic priorities of the Visegrad Group: Brexit – implications for the V4; Smart solutions for a smart region (supporting entrepreneur-friendly environment and smart industry) and r promotion of the V4 (aising public awareness of the Visegrad cooperation).
The deadline for submitting applications for any of the Grants is February 1, at 12.00 PM (noon).
More information is available at: https://www.visegradfund.org/news/visegrad-visegrad-strategic-grants/ .