The last call for applications for Visegrad, Visegrad+ and Strategic Grants is now open.
The Visegrad Fund supports cross-border and transnational projects in Visegrad region, Eastern Partnership and Western Balkans countries.
- Visegrad grants support regional partnerships among NGOs and civil society organizations, public institutions and municipalities, private companies and nonprofit organizations as well as education and research centers that contribute to cooperation in the Visegrad region.
- Projects must develop meaningful cooperation and active participation of organizations from at least 3 V4 countries;
- Cross-border cooperation of at least 2 organizations from 2 neighboring V4 countries also qualify for support with projects taking place within a 40-km radius from the border;
- Maximum duration of project implementation is 18 months;
- Grants can cover up to 100% of project budget with 15% for overheads.
- Visegrad+ Grants support projects which contribute to the democratization and transformation processes in selected countries and regions, especially non-EU member states in the Western Balkans and the Eastern Partnership countries;
- Projects must develop meaningful cooperation and ensure active involvement of at least 3 V4 countries and 1 entity from the EaP region or the Western Balkans countries at minimum regardless of the applicant;
- Maximum duration of project implementation is 18 months
- Projects must clearly address one of the objectives of the program´s seven focus areas and be implemented in the region of EU´s Eastern Partnership or in the Western Balkans
To apply for Visegrad+ grants, the submitted projects must address one of the objectives of the grant program from one of seven focus areas eligible for funding: Culture and Common Identity; Education and Capacity Building; Innovation, R&D, Entrepreneurship; Democratic Values and the Media; Public Policy and Institutional Partnership; Regional Development, Environment and Tourism; Social Development.
- Strategic Grants support project addressing annual strategic priorities of the Visegrad Group. Strategic priorities are announced annually by the V4 country holding the rotating presidency over the group, which from July 2018 to June 2019 is Slovakia.
- Projects must develop meaningful cooperation and ensure active participation of organizations from all V4 countries;
- Maximum duration of projects is 36 months, minimum is 12 months;
- Grants cover up to 100% of project budget with 15% for overheads;
- Projects must clearly address one of the annual strategic priorities of the Visegrad Group – that are:
Sustainability of ideals from 1989 – Projects focusing on V4 experiences with transformations to democracies and market economy; and on developments in V4 30 years after the fall of the Iron Curtain in Central Europe, including the development of V4 cooperation
15+ Years of the V4 in the EU – Projects focusing on positive contributions of the V4 to the future of the EU
New impetus to the Eastern Partnership and EU enlargement (Western Balkans) – Projects focusing on transferring the V4 experiences to the EaP and WB regions; particularly on V4 support to the enlargement policy and pro-enlargement sentiment in the EU and in the WB region
The deadline for submitting applications is the 1st of October, 12.00 PM (noon).
More information is available at: https://www.visegradfund.org/news/visegrad-visegrad-strategic-grants/ .