COBERM, a joint EU-UNDP initiative is soliciting innovative project ideas from representatives of civil society, including registered local and international non-governmental organizations, foundations and academia that are in line with the following aims:
- Support innovative people-to-people confidence-building opportunities;
- Help create an environment conducive to fostering peace, stability and human security.
The purpose of the call is to identify projects that propose increased cooperation, with a demonstrable positive impact on the building of trust, as well as attitudes and behaviours that support conflict transformation.
Preference will be given to:
- Projects that strengthen relations and communication between experts, professionals, organizations and local communities affected by conflict and propose scaled-up cooperation on pragmatic issues of mutual concern, with an observable impact on peaceful conflict transformation.
- Projects that propose particularly new approaches that respond to the broader spectrum of confidence building and address the challenges of communities living in conflict affected areas.
- Projects envisaging intra-society discussions on peace initiatives, internal crafting of public opinion, change of stereotypes within the society, which positively shape the attitudes and behaviours, broaden the base for peace-building and ensure local ownership of peace initiatives.
- Projects with strong conflict prevention elements that aim to solve conflict triggers within their own communities will also be considered on an exceptional basis.
Priority will be given to innovative, creative actions and those that propose a clear vision of change, sustainability, multiplier effect, local ownership.
Both local and international NGOs, as well as NGO consortiums, newly established organizations (or organizations with no experience of working with international donors), women’s and youth organisation are also encouraged to submit project ideas.
The deadline for submitting applications is the 5th of May 2017.
Read more about the application and selection procedure at: https://eeas.europa.eu/delegations/georgia/24962/node/24962_en .