The European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR) is one of the main EU instruments that is designed to support civil society to become an effective force for political reform and defence of human rights.
The EIDHR Multiannual Indicative Programme (MIP) 2018-2020 underlined that space for civic and democratic action in societies around the world has been facing an unprecedented crackdown, commonly labelled the “shrinking space”.
In this context, the global objective of this call for proposals is to support and empower civil society in protecting and promoting democracy, human rights and fundamental freedoms worldwide.
The specific objective of this call for proposals is to pilot a multi-country resource hub focused on addressing the dynamics (shrinking, opening) of civic, democratic and civil society space.
The priorities of this call for proposals are:
- Engage long- and medium-term drivers of civic space dynamics;
- Offer programmes of capacity building, networking and exchange for human rights defenders and related civil society;
- Counter the criminalisation and defamation of civic actors and civil society;
- Develop and pilot multi-stakeholder response protocols for early action; maintain contacts/networks with national and international actors to assess opportunities for meaningful action; coordinate or mobilise measures at different levels as appropriate;
- Provide direct support in case of sudden-onset changes or significant signals of change;
- Analyse trends and assess the dynamics of civic, democratic and civil society space.
The Call for Proposals targets four geographical lots, including: Lot 4 – Enlargement and Neighbourhood Countries.
The list of eligibile countries include:
- Republic of Moldova
The deadline for the submission of concept notes is 20.11.2020 at 12:00 (Brussels date and time).
More information is available here: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/europeaid/online-services/index.cfm?ADSSChck=1601887223341&do=publi.detPUB&page=1&aoref=170197&fbclid=IwAR2x1cmn6PodhPfOzFJAn3_cT7STAxoPbswJT2UmJBYx_G4Tx28lkhUzcmg&searchtype=QS&orderbyad=Desc&nbPubliList=15&orderby=upd&userlanguage=en .