The purpose of the call is to strengthen the role, voice, and capacity of civil society in the implementation of European standards, approaches, and practices of digital development in Ukraine, to implement the Association Agreement with the EU, and in the framework of integration into the EU Digital Single Market.
Eligible applicants: Nongovernmental organizations, alliances, associations, societies, and other unions registered following Ukrainian legislation as non-profit or charitable organizations.
Priorities of the call for proposals:
Projects may include informational, educational, and public advocacy activities, preparation of analytical documents and audio-visual products, organization of stakeholder dialogues, public discussions, etc. on the implementation of (updated) Amendment XVII-3 of the Association Agreement and other priorities of Ukraine’s integration into the DSM, in particular, in the following areas:
- Monitoring and advocacy of harmonization of national legislation with the EU Electronic Communications Code, in particular, in terms of the status and powers of the regulator of the telecommunications services market;
- Public and expert support for the advancement of an agreement with the EU on the mutual recognition of electronic trust services, which will ensure the natural and legal persons of the Parties mutual recognition of their digital signatures;
- Monitoring and advocacy of harmonization of national legislation with current EU legal acts on e-commerce regulation;
- Analysis of proposals for EU legislation on the development of artificial intelligence technologies and public discussion with stakeholders to find optimal ways to harmonize approaches to regulating the development of artificial intelligence in Ukraine;
- Promotion of European norms and practices of information security in the Internet space, in particular, transparency of political advertising on social networks, response to threats to the use of digital technologies to interfere in political processes and public opinion;
- Expert assistance to the authorities in implementing the harmonized with the EU tool for monitoring / measuring the achievement of digital transformation indicators (DESI – Index of the Digital Economy and Society in the EU).
The deadline for submitting applications is 15th September 2021 at 14:00 (UTC/GMT +3).
The announcement of results will be on November 2, 2021.
More information about this call is available here: https://www.irf.ua/en/contest/konkurs-czyfrova-integracziya-do-yes-2/