The European Commission’s (EC) Creative Europe Programme has announced a cross-sectorial call for proposals to facilitate the integration of refugees in the European environment.
The general objective of this call for proposals is to support cultural, audio-visual and cross-sectorial projects aiming at facilitating the integration of refugees in the European environment, enhancing mutual cultural understanding and fostering intercultural and interreligious dialogue, tolerance and respect for other cultures.
The specific objectives of this call are to establish transnational cultural and audiovisual projects that can:
- help refugees socialise and express themselves without necessarily speaking immediately the host country language.
- be learning platforms in a wider sense, fostering respect and understanding for diversity, intercultural and civic competencies, democratic values and citizenship.
- give EU citizens the opportunity to discover, learn from and understand the values and cultures of refugees and – in the process rediscover and enrich their own.
- support the showcasing and co-creation of cultural and/or audiovisual works across Europe.
- offer the possibility of collaboration with organisations in other sectors in order to stimulate a more comprehensive, rapid, effective and long-term response to this global challenge.
The call for proposals is open to legal entities from Georgia, Ukraine, Moldova, EU candidate countries (Turkey, Albania, Serbia, Montenegro and the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia), Bosnia and Herzegovina, EU member states and EEA countries (Iceland, Norway).
The deadline for submission of applications is 28 April 2016, 12:00 CET/CEST (Midday, Brussels time).
More information regarding the available budget, requirements and application procedures is available here.