We have launched a call for applications for consultants/ research experts with experience in the field of project/ strategy evaluation, with the purpose of conducting an evaluation and revision of the “Strategic Framework for Civil Society Cooperation in the Black Sea Region” (2015), in order to identify the results as well as to redefine its thematic cooperation areas, having the following objectives:
- Provide a mapping of the initiatives (both regional and bilateral) and their results since 2015 (including the regional thematic meetings 2016-2017), which reflect the thematic and cross-cutting priorities of the strategic framework within the Black Sea NGO Forum (BSNGOF);
- Gather recommendations on how to revise the current the strategic framework, referring to both its directions: 1) creation of regional thematic networks in the identified priority and emerging cooperation areas; and 2) monitoring and promoting an enabling environment for civil society in the Black Sea Region.
- At least 3 years of experience in evaluation of projects/ programmes/ strategies implemented by civil society organisations;
- Proficiency in English;
- Experience of working in multicultural contexts;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills;
- Proven ability to adapt the methodology to challenges and opportunities emerging during the evaluation;
- Proven ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines.
Would be considered an advantage:
- Knowledge of the context and dynamics specific to the Black Sea Region and/ or experience in working with civil society organisations in the Black Sea Region;
- Knowledge of the Russian language.
For more information, we kindly ask those interested to carefully read the Terms of Reference.
The application procedure consists of two stages:
1) Initial selection
Interested candidates must send the following application documents by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org :
- CV and motivation letter (in a separate document);
- Two relevant evaluation/ research samples (one preferably on a subject related to civil society – the samples will not be made public, their use will be solely for the selection process);
- Evaluation plan (including a calendar of activities).
The deadline for submitting applications has been extended to next Tuesday, the 28th of May 2019, 5 PM (Romanian time).
At the stage of the interview, the selected candidates must demonstrate their motivation and commitment for carrying out the assignment, as well as present the evaluation plan together with the calendar of activities to the project team.
Should you need any other information related to the current assignment, do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com.
The current assignment is part of the project “Building CSO Capacity for Regional Cooperation within the Black Sea Region” implemented by the Romanian NGDO Platform – FOND and funded by the European Union for the period January 2019 – December 2021 in the context of the Black Sea NGO Forum. Find more about our project here.