The Civil Society Facility was set up in 2011 to support the role of civil society in advancing democratic reforms across the Neighbourhood. In Ukraine, the Civil Society Facility is EU’s main channel for delivering financial support to civil society organisations.
Recently, the Ukraine Civil Society Facility has launched a Call for Proposals with the aim to promote the role and capacities of civil society, including cultural operators, in promoting better governance, human rights and cultural development in Ukraine.
The priorities of this call aim to increase the capacity of Ukrainian civil society to contribute to achieving the following specific objectives:
- To promote sustainable development and improved environmental management in Ukraine, in light of the European Green Deal.
- To increase capacity and recognition of key stakeholders in the field of culture (civil society, local authorities, other public sector bodies) as drivers of local development.
- To increase the impact and sustainability of independent media (including via investigative journalism) to foster transparency and accountability.
- To promote the principles of public administration reform and sound public finance management towards a more effective governance.
- To advance the principles of the rule of law and sustainable reforms in the justice and law enforcement sectors.
- To advance human rights and protect its defenders.
- To strengthen think tank’s consultative and monitoring roles in the implementation of the EU – UA Association Agreement.
The overall indicative amount made available under this call for proposals is 12.500.000 EUR.
The deadline for requesting any clarifications is the 24 July 2020. Moreover, a series of information webinars will be organized accordingly: June 22, 2020 (Overall information event); June 23, 2020 (Thematic information sessions – Lots 1, 2, 5 and 6); June 24, 2020 (Thematic information sessions – Lots 3, 4, 7); June 25, 2020 (Training on drafting a concept note); July 2, 2020 (Thematic information session – Lot 2); July 14 (Concept Note preparation / Q&A); July 16 (Concept Note preparation / Q&A).
The deadline for submitting concept notes is the 14th of August 2020, 3 PM (Brussels time).
More information is available online here.