With a view to its commitment to enhance its support for civil society organisations to efficiently get involved in structured partnership and decision-making processes, the European Union has launched a call for project proposals targeting the civil society sector in the Republic of Moldova.
The global objective is to enable Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) to engage as actors of governance and development at country level.
The specific objectives of this call for proposals are:
- Strengthen CSOs participation in the domestic policies
- Increase women’s participation in decision-making.
- Increase the voice of youth in the society.
The priorities of this call for proposals are gender equality, youth and CSOs participation in the reform process.
The overall indicative amount made available under this call for proposals is 3.000.000 EUR. Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between 950.000 EUR and 1.000.000 EUR.
Eligible actions may include, but are not limited to:
• Establishment, structuring, strengthening of and participation in sustainable forms of multi-actor collaboration, partnerships, association/alliances;
• Capacity building/strengthening of civil society activists, community based groups, participatory associations/movements, local civil society organizations or networks thereof, media and national institutions;
• Testing of policy innovations and best practices, contribution to policy work, policy advocacy/policy dialogue;
• Public information; awareness raising; learning, sharing, representation and advocacy activities through conferences, seminars and workshops, meetings, media actions;
• Implementation, monitoring and reporting on specific policies, commitments, instruments (national and international).
Priority will be given to actions building capacity of community based organizations in line with objectives of the action and involving financial support to third parties.
Actions must take place in the Republic of Moldova, including in Transnistria region.
The deadline for submitting project proposals is the 7th of April 2020, 16:00 (Brussels date and time).
More information is available here.