The Human Rights House Foundation launched a call for applications to House-to-House Project Fund 2021. HRHF welcomes all Human Rights Houses, their member organisations as well as organisations and actors from outside of the network to apply for funding.
The House-to-House Project Fund supports dynamic civil society-led projects to address specific and local human rights challenges.
Eligible project countries
HRHF welcomes applications for projects which address relevant human rights issues in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and/or Ukraine.
To qualify for support, project partners must be:
A Human Rights House or a member organisation of a Human Rights House and, one or more of the following:
- Another Human Rights House;
- A member organisation of a Human Rights House;
- A civil society organisation, actor, individual from outside of the network.
*Human Rights Houses and member organisations of Human Rights Houses can only be main applicants in 2 projects. They can, however, join projects where another organisation is the lead partner.
In 2021, HRHF will prioritize applications for projects in eligible countries which specifically focus on one of the following topics:
- Advocacy related to the freedoms of association, assembly, or expression and the freedom to be a human rights defender. This may include efforts to strengthen domestic policies and legislation, increase accountability of local authorities and institutions, and/or strengthen international mechanisms and standards.
- Promotion and protection of the freedoms of association, assembly, or expression and the freedom to be a human rights defender in an eligible country.
- Human rights education and awareness raising, including through involvement of youth or professional groups.
- Protection of human rights defenders and human rights organizations.
HRHF will prioritise support to the projects which include one or more of the following components:
- Propose new partnerships, including with individuals, movements and actors beyond the network and traditional human rights organisations, also actors working outside of the capital cities;
- Impact the human rights situation across Eastern Europe and/or the Caucasus;
- Propose cost-sharing or in-kind contributions by applicant organizations (i.e. – meeting room space, accommodation in House-owned premises, co-funding, etc.; and,
- Make use of existing resources within the network of Human Rights Houses, such as reports, exhibitions, booklets, education material of ILIA programme, etc.
Deadlines / How to apply
HRHF will consider applications four times in 2021. Application deadlines are:
- 17 February 2021
- 16 April 2021
- 4 June 2021
- 1 September 2021
For more information about the application process, please access: https://humanrightshouse.org/articles/house-to-house-2021-call-for-applications/