Purpose of Expression of Interest (EOI)
This is to invite eligible individuals to share their expression of interest for providing services to an evaluation of results achieved through child care system reform 2005-2012. The countries covered by this evaluation are the followings: AZERBAIJAN, BELARUS, BULGARIA, CROATIA, GEORGIA, MOLDOVA, MONTENEGRO, ROMANIA, SERBIA, TURKEY AND UKRAINE. Expression of Interest should be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 08 July 2013 (closing of the business day). Please include <Child care evaluation EOI> as the subject of the e-mail. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applying candidates should have:
– Advanced university degree in a relevant field of social sciences
– Previous experience in development of analytical reports and documents related to children, preferably experience with child protection system in the country
– Solid experience in conducting participatory field research methodology
– Ability to communicate with various stakeholders and respect ethical standards in the process of consulting most vulnerable children and families.
– Ability to synthesize information from field data
– Understanding and knowledge of the country’s social context
– Very good written English.
Scope of work
The national consultant will:
– assist the international experts in collecting secondary data from national sources, and
– will draft a case study (maximum 10 pages).
The case study will be drafted based on the field data collection which will include focus groups and interviews. In each country the national consultant will conduct two focus group discussions: one with representatives of child care service providers and one with representatives of governmental, intergovernmental and civil society organizations.
The national consultant will carry out interviews (approx. 10) with the following categories of beneficiaries:
– Families at risk of child separation because of poverty or other adverse conditions
– Families with disabled children.
A Case Study Protocol will be made available to the national consultant prior to the commencement of the field work.
Period of assignment
The expected period of assignment will be for approximately 20 days over the period September- October 2013.
Submission of EOI
Qualified individuals are requested to submit the following:
1) A brief letter of interest (maximum 1 page) clearly indicating how the applicant’s skills and experience meet the required competencies.
2) A CV