Following a participatory process carried out at the 2014 and 2015 editions of the Black Sea NGO
Forum, a Strategic Framework for Civil Society Cooperation in the Black Sea Region was elaborated
and endorsed by participants.
According to it, two main strategic directions were established:
1. Supporting formal and informal regional thematic networks in the following cooperation areas:
– Priority cooperation areas: Knowledge Networks for Development; Anti-corruption; Civic
engagement; Youth; and Education & culture;
– Emerging cooperation areas: Sustainable development; YouthBank; Human rights;
Networking; and Media & communication.
2. Promoting and supporting enabling environment for CSOs in the Black Sea region as a cross-
cutting priority for the Forum and a pre-requisite for regional cooperation, in the following
– Basic legal guarantees of freedoms;
– The framework for CSOs’ viability & sustainability;
– Public institutions/state – CSOs relationships;
– Donor CSO-relationship.